People follow diet for many reasons, some of them are to reduce weight or to live long and healthier life. There are plenty of diet ideas out there but choosing the best one is tedious process. In this article we share some of the diet ideas and plans which works best for you.
From the name itself we can identify this diet contains only vegetables. People who follow this diet should avoid animal products, sea foods, dairy products, eggs and honey. It helps people to reduce weight by lowering the calories and cholesterol. The main advantage of following vegan diet is, it reduces heart diseases and diabetes.
The primary advantage of using low-carb diet is weight loss. People should avoid grains, vegetables, milk and nuts which has high carbohydrate content in it, instead they should take foods with high proteins and fat. Some low-carb foods are meat, fish, eggs and fruits like apples and strawberries. Low-carb diet is used to prevent cardio-vascular disease and high blood pressure.
It is also known as Stone-age diet or Caveman diet. People who follow this diet should avoid sugar by all means. The only intake of sugar is from fruits and people should take foods which are high in proteins and fiber. Some of the best foods for Paleo diet are meat, fish, nuts, eggs, and fruits like mango, figs and strawberries. People in paleo diet should not take dairy products, soft drinks or juices, grains like wheat, rice and barley, sweets and candies.
Atkins diet plan limits the intake of food which has carbohydrates and allows to take foods rich in proteins and fat. It helps to reduce the body weight. Atkins diet has four phases explained below,
- Phase 1: People should take maximum of only 20 grams of carbs each day and they can take foods enriched with proteins.
- Phase 2: In this phase, people can take foods enriched with fiber and nutrients and also take fruits and nuts. This phase lasts for three to four weeks.
- Phase 3: In this phase, people can add grains, fruits and starchy vegetables like corn, potatoes and peas in their diet plan. This phase lasts for one month.
- Phase 4: People can gradually add carbs in their food and should avoid fruits which are enriched with sugar like mango, banana, pears and figs.
Mediterranean diet is the most popular diet in France, Italy and America. Mediterranean diet limits people to intake dairy products, animal proteins, sugar and saturated fat. People can take plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, and fish. Mediterranean diet helps to reduce heart related disease, diabetes, and help people to reduce body weight. Mediterranean diet is quite expensive when comparing it to other diet plans.
RAW FOOD DIET
Raw food diet include foods that are unprocessed, uncooked or not microwaved. People can take raw fruits, vegetables, grains, sprouts, nuts and seeds. It is very effective for people whose goal is to achieve weight loss. Since it contains only uncooked foods, the calorie content is very less on these food items. The only drawback in Raw food diet is, it tastes less compared to cooked foods. People should avoid taking baked products like bread and cookies, alcohol, dairy products like milk, butter, cream and tea and coffee.
In short form it is called as Keto diet. This diet also falls under low-carb and high fat diet plan. People should replace intake of carbohydrates with fat. When a person intakes food items enriched with fat and avoids carbs then liver produces Ketones in order to maintain the blood sugar level. Keto diet helps to reduce Alzheimer’s disease (abnormal build-up of proteins in cells), brain injuries, heart related diseases, acne, diabetes, epilepsy and cancer. There are different types of Ketogenic diet,
- Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD): This diet has high fat, moderate proteins and very less carbohydrates. The food should have 80 % of fat, 15 % of proteins and only 5 % of carbohydrates.
- Well Formulated Ketogenic Diet (WFKD): This diet plan was introduced by scientists Jeff Volek and his friend Stephen Phinney. In this diet plan people should not take carbohydrates more than 35 grams per day and proteins not more than 3 grams per day. WFKD diet plan is well suited for people with hypertension and diabetes.
- Calorie Restricted Ketogenic Diet (CRKD): This diet plan follows the same procedure of Standard Ketogenic diet but it limits the intake of calories.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD): TKD is similar to Standard Keto diet, it allows people to take carbohydrates around workouts. It process the foods more efficiently when taken around workouts since muscles in the body requires energy fuels.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD): It follows 5 straight ketogenic days followed by two high carbohydrate days in a week.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet: This diet is also similar to Standard Ketogenic diet but it allows people to intake higher proteins in food. Ratio of High-Protein ketogenic diet is 60 % of fat, 35 % of proteins and only 5 % of carbohydrates.